Saturday, September 10, 2011

Two Cool Inventions



This summer I made a couple of discoveries that made me happy. The first one was the marshallow square designed for microwaved s'mores. I have used the microwave method for a long time and it works, but the puffy marshmallow falls over a lot when it gets hot, so when I saw the squares in the store this summer, it made me wonder why they hadn't thought of this earlier. Yes, I realize the round ones are still probably preferable on a stick around a campfire, but are any of you surprised that I don't get around a campfire much? (Mostly because it's winter here a lot. That's why I don't get around a campfire much.)

The other exciting discovery was made recently at the Perham Dairy Queen drive-thru. The ketchup packet was finally in the right kind of container! For a long time I have said, mostly to Troy, that ketchup packets should be in the same kind of containers as nugget sauces are, the little squares with the pull-off top, which are much easier for traveling. Well, lo and behold, guess what was in with my french fries this past weekend? I was so excited! Luckily I had my camera along and captured the moment. Is it not one of the cutest ketchup packets you've seen? I'm hoping to see more of these in the future.

No comments: